May 12, 2018

Bag lady

In my last post I mentioned going to Knitters' Heaven.  I meant to put a link in.....so here ya' go.  It's a great place to visit if you're a knitter or a crocheter or a weaver---if you find yourself in that part of the world.  There's always stuff on sale in their big back room.  I've already finished my rainbow knitting and I'll show you a picture...eventually.

Today it's about the bags.  My loot from the South America cruise.
This is a leather bag I bought in Montevideo, Uruguay.  It was very reasonably priced considering it's leather and has lots of hardware on it.  By the way, did you know that Uruguay is pronounced with an "er" sound at the beginning rather than a "u"?

I picked this one up in Costa Rica.  Could you tell?  It's small and will carry a cell phone and a few other necessities.  Did you know that cruise passengers--at least those in our age bracket--always want to know where the nearest shopping opportunity is.... and the restrooms....
This is a good-sized shoulder bag.  It has some of the colors of Peru.  I didn't buy it in Peru however.  I bought it on the ship, on the last day of the cruise, for half-price.  I bought a bright blue one for Big City Girl.  I would call it a knitting bag.  BCG would call it a carry-on suitcase.
This is a hobo-style bag in some of my favorite colors.  It's from Peru and says so right on the front.  It has a little flower up near the top that is just begging to be embellished.  I have plans to do just that.

So now I have bags for almost every one of my projects.  It will be a good way to keep them all sorted out.  And if I start any new projects--as I am often known to do--I'll just have to take another trip.

No comments: