October 22, 2016

Thanks, Mr. Bendy!

Today I'm working on felted ornaments.  Here are a couple, in various states of doneness.  I owe a special "thank you" to Mr. Bendy for helping me pose them. I would have asked Mr. Gadget, but he probably would have suggested using a wrench or a clamp. And then he would have mentioned, in a persuasive-sounding voice, that I should list my completed ornaments on some sort of spread sheet....

Here is another one--still a little ways from finished.
The fun part is when I dress them up with a little bling.  Which makes me think that maybe I should put some clothes on Mr. Bendy.

I just finished reading A Man Called Ove. It's a fun book about a man who has curmudgeon qualities, and who reminds me just a little of Mr. Gadget.  Ove has long-held routines and staunch principles. His car is always spotless. He gets angry when people in his neighborhood association don't follow the rules.  

I'm lucky that Mr. Gadget doesn't get annoyed when I tease him on the blog.  I've been doing it for almost eleven years. He's very confident and comfortable in his own skin.  He has no desire to change. I like that about him.  He takes good care of me too.  He opens jar lids, reaches stuff on high shelves, and deletes all the old messages from the answering machine....

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I just watched a video on needle felting. Wow! I had no idea. Now I have a great deal of respect for the artist that you are. Your Santa ornaments are spectacular.
I red a Man called Ove too, and love it. Very funny and I know that there is a movie out already. courious, what do you sell your ornaments for?

Jen said...

I love your round little Santas! Adorable!