October 09, 2016

Fearsome foursome

I just finished these frightful gals.  They're sitting on our mantel amongst the family photos.  They're small--only 6 inches or so. The only challenging part was making the bottoms flat enough so they would stand nicely. They look like they're up to no good, don't they?

So, the other day I decided to clean Mr. Gadget's bathroom--the one in the basement next to his man cave.  I don't do it very often.  I keep forgetting it's there.....

I took my cleaning supplies downstairs and got to work while he was away at the gym.  After I was done I had a silly idea.  I decided to fold the end of the toilet paper into a nice, sharp point--just like the room stewards do on a cruise ship.  For those of you who don't cruise, this is the universal, across-all-cruise-lines, finishing touch of all room stewards.

Now fast forward to later that afternoon.

Mr. Gadget:  Were you by chance in my bathroom today?

Me:  Yes I was.

Mr. G:  Did you do something to the toilet paper?

Me:  Indeed I did.

Mr. G:  (smiling) Oh, ok.

Me:  Did you notice that your bathroom was nice and clean?

Mr. G:  Um, well.  Um, I might have.  I did notice the toilet paper.

Me:  So maybe next time I'm considering doing some fun bathroom cleaning for you I'll just sew instead. And I'll just pop in there now and then and fold the toilet paper.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Too funny! That is a good trick and I think that I will try that. We don't have a special bathroom, so I guess I will need to do them all. Lol
Love these set of witches too. Are you busy making them for a craft fair?
Still have not done anything with the sketches. Spent the weekend with my son. It was very good.