May 01, 2015

A treehouse tale

I'm working in the Treehouse today and making some progress on my latest clay witch.
Her face is done and now needs some spray-on sealer.  Usually I brush it on, but this time I used watercolor paints and colored pencils so the spray-on finish will, hopefully, keep the colors in their places.  I'm flying by the seat of my pants using watercolor paints on clay.

Here's her hat.  A ball of crochet cotton works splendidly as a drying rack. 

When Big City Girl and Tech Guy were about middle-school age, I used to fantasize about how I might escape now and then from their crazy-making antics.  I would visualize a treehouse sitting in the branches of a big oak tree in our backyard.  Here was my plan:

While the two dastardly rascals were away at school, I would have a couple of construction guys come to the house with a load of lumber.  They would build a simple treehouse that would be big enough for me, a comfy chair, and a cooler for refreshments.  I'd ask them to attach a rope ladder that could be raised or lowered at my discretion.  And, of course, they would have to make it spider-proof.  That goes without saying.

If the guys worked quickly, they would be gone and I would be up in the treehouse with my knitting when the kiddies arrived home from school.

I could only imagine their surprise.  "Mom, what are you doing up there?" they'd yell.

"I'm knitting," I'd say.  "I don't know when I'll be coming down exactly," I'd tell them.  "But I'm sure you can find a way to get along with each other and fix yourselves some dinner."

"This is not fair, Mom!" they'd scream.

"And don't forget to feed the cat."

No comments: