August 07, 2014

One for the road

I've really been enjoying my owl embroidery project, but I suddenly realized I hadn't even opened my clay since we got here.  I had plans to make one more clay witch head while I was at the Calcondo this summer...in preparation for assembling dolls when I got back to the Concondo.
Here is my recent attempt.  She's a little rugged-looking at this stage, but she'll be in perfect form once I paint her skin green, accentuate the big mole on her chin, and put just the right rotten color on her two remaining teeth.  I think she looks pleased about something.  I hate to think what it could be. 

I've made a little more progress on the owl.

I'm not always in the mood to embroider, but when I am I find it very relaxing.  Better than a glass of wine, but not as good as a massage.  This guy still needs quite a few finishing touches. And then I think he'll need a friend.  Can you imagine two of them sitting side-by-side?  What a hoot!

No comments: