August 11, 2014

Departed: POB*; Arrived: HHH**

* Pleasant Ocean Breezes
** Hazy Hot Humid

I'm now back in the Concondo and re-adjusted to east-coast time.  I've been surveying the Treehouse and getting re-acquainted with those projects I started before we left.

I had a bad dream last night. I had signed up to do a craft show and I was not prepared.  The set-up time was looming and I still hadn't priced anything, and had not even begun to load up my car.  Plus, I had a very bad cold.

I finally had to throw in the towel and cancel at the last minute.  But I was really interested in doing the show the following year, and I was afraid the organizer would label me a deadbeat and ban me from future shows.

Then, a little while after I got up, Mr. Gadget asked me if I wanted to go to Costco.  He usually goes by himself, but once in a while I ride along. I like to look at the books. And the cookies. This time I noticed they had nice canopy tents that would have been just the thing for me when I was doing craft shows regularly.  But, of course, I've retired from that sort of thing, so I don't need one now.

Do you ever notice that sometimes days have themes?  This one started out with the craft-show dream and then moved on to the craft-show tent.  A few weeks ago it was all about owls. That story will have to wait, but it's a good one--and maybe just a wee bit eerie.

Now I'd better get hopping on projects for the old hotel craft show.  It's just two months away and I don't want those nice folks calling me a deadbeat.

No comments: