March 22, 2014

Pilgrimage

My friend, other Marcia, and I made a fiber trek to Massachusetts yesterday.  It was sort of spur of the moment.  Neither of us had anything else on our calendars, and there was no snow in the forecast--ideal conditions for a fun road trip. 

We made our regular stop at WEBS (aka Knitters' Heaven) in Northampton, and then followed the trusty GPS to Easthampton to a place I was most interested in checking out.
The store occupies part of an old 1920's vaudeville theater on the town's main street.
 
Inside the front door is a small shop with all sorts of hand-felted treasures.


A hallway in the back leads to a huge open space (maybe where the theater sets used to be stashed) that's filled with all sorts of fiber goodness.

I soon found the needle-felting fiber I was on a quest for and grabbed up many handfuls to replenish my supply. 
I'm usually not much of a shopper, but this place just sucked my credit card right out of my wallet.  I don't know if it was the abundance of fibery delicacies, or the history of the old building, but I felt an overwhelming desire to sing and dance.

No comments: