March 15, 2014

Got butane?

Mr. Gadget and I are now in Connecticut after an uneventful trip back.  Those are always the best kind.  There is still plenty of snow on the ground, but the weather has warmed up....although not in any consistent way. One day it's 50 degrees, the next it's 15.   Mother Nature is up to her usual tricks.
I finished the chef except for a few minor details.  The buttons are just pin heads.  I will replace them with black beads.  She could use a little more rose in her cheeks, and maybe some fingernail polish.  She was fun to make, and I've already got ideas for similar projects.  As usual, I have many more ideas than time so I must pick and choose.

I've signed up for a one-day workshop in NYC on April 5.  I've read Danny's blog for a few years and thought it would be fun to spend a day with him to learn about his process.  I do occasionally draw, although not very well, and I have been know to keep a journal from time to time. The map shows a fairly direct walking route from Grand Central to the Open Center where the class will take place.  Walking is good.  Subways not so much.  I still need Big City Girl to give me a tutorial.

So now we'll be staying put for a while, and I'll have some time to spend in the Treehouse working on some things for future craft fairs.  I have quite a few felted flower pins underway. They sold well last year.  And speaking of felting, my friend other Marcia and I are planning another trip up to Massachusetts soon for some fiber shopping.  We'll, of course, go to Knitters' Heaven, but we'll also be making a stop at Felters' Paradise.  I've never been there, but it might just end up being a regular stop on our route.

Other Marcia has become a very proficient weaver in recent years, and sometimes we stop at a weaving supply store several miles north of Heaven. I'm thinking it won't be long before our expedition requires a two-person tent and a camp stove... 

No comments: