December 03, 2012

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I don't think I mentioned that I finally made a decision about my hair.  I'm going gray.
Most people agree that it doesn't look too bad so far, but it could be that they're just being nice to me.  After all, I'm the lady who makes the tasty gingersnaps this time of year.

Today I have an appointment with Mr. Gadget's barber, I mean hairdresser.  I'm doing the unthinkable.  I'm trying someone new.  Do most women feel like I do?  We stay with the same one maybe a little longer than we'd like because we don't want to hurt their feelings?  Surely they will assume that we aren't pleased with their haircutting abilities, when really maybe all we want is to have someone else approach our heads from a little different perspective.

Mr. Gadget's guy, Daniel, did a bang trim for me a while back and I was very pleased.  In fact, the bangs still look good but the rest of it is now in need of work.  Daniel didn't look at me askance when I said I was planning to let it go gray.  Instead, he commented that he thought it would look nice when all was said and done because it was growing in with a pretty silvery look.

So in a little while I'll leave for the hair salon.....in the mall where my other hair salon is.....but I should be safe because I don't think she works on Mondays.

Meanwhile, I'm making a few little zippered bags with gift-giving in mind. 

There's not much to show so far, but they're supposed to be easy and quick to make.  I'll show you the finished bags and give you a link to the tutorial soon.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I like your hair! And the gifts are very nice! Will your hair be very short? I'm thinking of going short very soon because in the winter--much easier to dry short hair! Right now hair back in very stubby ponytail but soon "short"!!! Enjoy the new look and the new "stylist"!!!