December 10, 2012

Tulips

I wasn't planning to post today, but after I finished the tulip bag I was so pleased I decided to share.  I bought the fabric several years ago with no idea of what I'd use it for.  Sometimes I do that, and if I keep it long enough the right project idea usually presents itself.  The fabric has a little sparkle to it, although you can't see that in the picture.  I lined it with bright orange--also with some sparkle.  I'm not entirely satisfied with how the ends of the zipper look, but each bag seems to be an improvement over its predecessor.

On Saturday I drove up to the old hotel to pick up my unsold items from the craft show the previous weekend. Four of the eight dolls sold.  Here are the ones that went to new homes:



After doing a quick assessment of my sales numbers I decided I'll try a little experiment next year.....that is, if I'm back in a dollmaking mood by then.  I'll make 2 chefs, 2 cats, 2 morning ladies, and 2 santas.  That's a brilliant idea from someone who doesn't even have a marketing degree, don't you think?

So now I'm off to pack......and I'm wondering if my gingerbread cut-out cookies  will make the trip OK in my suitcase.  If the TSA agents get wind of them in my carry-on they very likely won't make it to the gate.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Figured out how to comment! I wish you would get on Facebook so I could hit "like"! And you can set it up so your blog posts automatically, too.

Kathy W said...

Marcia, It would be great to see you on Facebook! Merry Christmas, Kathy W

Kathy W said...

PS love all your cute crafty bags and dolls, too. The fabrics are all fabulous!