December 17, 2012

A few of my favorite things

Persimmons!
I had forgotten how much I love them.
The farm market had bushels
on Saturday here in SoCal.
I bought four and lined them up
on the table by the window.
It's hard to be patient while they ripen.
But it's well worth the wait.

Mr. Gadget and I arrived last Wednesday.
I should have checked in sooner,
but Mr. G. has kept me busy.
"Let's go see if we can find a little tree."
"We'd better get busy on the cards."
"Feel like taking the car in for an oil change?"
etc. etc. etc.

We left Connecticut two days before
the horror.
I can't get my mind around it.
Can anyone?
It was very close to the Concondo.
10 miles at most.
The school's principal was the wife of
Big City Girl's junior high math teacher.

Last night around midnight,
here at the Calcondo,
I noticed flashing lights outside the window 
when I got up to use the bathroom.
A police car was sitting
in the middle of the road
and a helicopter
was flying circles overhead.
I wonder where we can find a safe spot?
Go give someone a hug today.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Hug!