December 01, 2011

Crawly things

I bought some of this fabric many months ago.


I finally got around to making something out of it.

When I saw this fabric in the store, I knew right away I had to buy it to make a gecko. He's a little more than 12" long and he was a real bear to stuff. Good thing Mr. Gadget got me that 12" hemostat. I was thinking it might be fun to make one with magnets in his feet ...you know, so he could hang on the fridge or sit on the hood of the car. But I don't know if I have another gecko in me. Maybe a snake. Definitely something without skinny little appendages.

I took the gecko to the old hotel for their Christmas show this weekend. I have no idea if he'll sell. I put a good price on him.....since he was such a bear and all. If no one feels inclined to buy him, I'll just bring him home and let him live here for the time being.

It feels so good not to have a doll deadline. I love making them, but I love being done for the season. By the way, here's my second morning lady.

Her pink hair rollers are wooden beads I found at the dollar store--so much easier than having Mr. Gadget cut a dowel into pieces and drill holes through the centers. Can you see the coffee in her mug? It's light-coffee colored fabric with white swirls. They almost turned her away at Dunkin Donuts because she looked so frightful...

No comments: