December 13, 2011

Crafts close to home

Today Mr. Gadget and I took a short ride down the road to visit the annual holiday sale at a local craft center. I also wanted to take a picture of the house that's directly across the street from the center.

But more on that later.

It wasn't long ago that the craft center, which is run by volunteers and was established in the 1950's, ran out of money and had to close. But then some enthusiastic and energetic souls decided they couldn't let that happen and they rallied. Here are some of my favorites from their holiday collection:











And now, more about the house. For many years it was the home of the Armenian lady from my writing group whose stories I've been recording and transcribing. She and her husband lived in the house and had a cleaning and tailoring business down on the bottom level. I've just finished typing and assembling the stories I've recorded so far, and I thought it was important to include a picture of the house that was their home for many years.

I've put the collection in a loose-leaf binder which will allow for more to be added later. I'm going to present it to her tomorrow at our weekly meeting. I hope she likes it.

And now I'm going to address some envelopes. I have no Christmas letter to put in them yet, but all in good time.

No comments: