October 11, 2011

Minding my p's and q's


I used to think chefs should always wear chef shoes....you know, those sensible shoes that a person could stand in all day and spill tomato sauce on without worry. But they're pretty boring. I'd much rather see a chef in more elegant footwear.....you know, something much more in line with haute cuisine.

You may be wondering about the big Costco olive oil bottle. It's empty and I couldn't bring myself to toss it in the recycle bin. I'm pondering doll possibilities. But not now. Later, after the hustle and bustle of fall craft shows is behind me.

On Sunday Mr. Gadget and I took a ride up to the old hotel to see how I was doing. I drove the new car, so there was no need to engage the HWG (happy wife gadget). I'm never in a hurry...and am continually mystified by why Mr. G's blood pressure is low and mine requires medication.

Anyway, a few of my dolls had sold, and several of the felted flowers too. While I was browsing I met Betsy--who was also browsing, and admiring my crafty creations. Come to find out, Betsy is one of my blog readers. Hi Betsy! She and I had a nice chat and I made sure she understood just how hard I work here in the Treehouse cranking out one-of-a-kind dolls and other crafty goodness. Is it time for my coffee break yet?

So now I'm hard at work on a few dolls for the Christmas show, and very soon I'll be getting my clay out to make a few ornaments. Here's my first attempt:

He needs considerable tweaking, but he'll be fine to hang on our tree--the final resting place for my vast collection of first attempts. For some reason this reminds me of the projects I made in my early school years and how graciously my mother wore her silly piece of Mother's Day jewelry, or displayed a misshapen clay ashtray prominently in our living room. Maybe I'll just call my collection of first attempts my summer camp projects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcia -

I was thrilled to have met you - your creativity inspires me to get to some of my own projects -

Betsy

Marge Malwitz said...

You are so good at doll making and descriptions with a good dose of humor always make these fun to read!