July 28, 2011

Gastropods


Here at the Calcondo,

in addition to ants,

we have snails.

When Tech Guy was a little guy--

and before the tech part--

he found them fascinating.


He took some home to Connecticut

to keep as pets.


But they were slightly out of their element,

and they didn't care much for cat food.

Or snow.

So whenever I see a snail crossing a sidewalk

or climbing up a wall,

I take a picture and email it to Tech Guy--

for old time's sake.

Remember my old friend, Sara Dipity?

I ran into her again.

It was just after I photographed the snail.

I had stopped at the craft store for embroidery thread,

and I found a book with a pattern for this:


A stuffed fabric snail.

I'm going to make one--

right after I get my gazillion other projects finished.

The book is Crafting Tilda's Friends

by Tone Finnanger.

I think I'll name him Snail Male.

1 comment:

Marge Malwitz said...

Until I blew up the photo (as in enlarged) it looked like the Loch ness monster in the Pacific!!! Looks like you're still enjoying yourselves out there!