November 07, 2010

A fine day for flannel

It was lovely here today and Mr. Gadget suggested we take a ride. "Can you think of someplace we can go?" he asked.
"Not right at the moment," I said, "but give me a few minutes."
I scurried upstairs to the Treehouse and got on my computer. I'd heard there was a fabric store up the road somewhere, and this might be my chance to check it out. I've been looking for flannel. Nice flannel. Not the mediocre flannel that's abundant in my neighborhood.
I found the store's website and noted its hours and location. Mr. Gadget is always willing to drive me to a fabric store. I'm a lucky gal. Mostly he likes to drive his sports car. And I'm occasionally willing to endure his clutch-dropping-gear-shifting-whiplash-inducing driving style if there is fabric involved. Or sushi. So we set off down the road.
In no time at all, I was browsing the flannel aisle....and what fine flannel it was.
I found just what I was looking for. A nice red plaid flannel for Santa to wear with his bunny slippers. He got his order in early this year, and I'd just hate to disappoint Santa...

1 comment:

Marcia said...

So, where is this fabric store? I could use some flannel, myself! (QC has a whole room of nice flannel, BTW.)