November 03, 2010

Creepy encounter

Yesterday I went over to other Marcia's house to deliver the pair o' pilgrims.....and I have to admit, when she opened the door she looked a little different than the last time I saw her.
She was having a very bad hair day, and I think a little darning might be in order. Thank goodness other Marcia has a sense of humor....
So now I'm finished with dolls for Fall and will be concentrating on the Winter ones--Santas mostly. I've decided not to do that other craft show I mentioned before. I'm not feeling confident about a good return-on-investment....and then there's all that schlepping. Instead, I'll just stick with the old hotel show which worked out nicely for me last year. This might also allow me some time to knit a hat or two for the senior center holiday boutique on Dec. 4.
And speaking of the senior center, today was the first knitting get-together in a brand new building that's been under construction for several months. It's a wonderful place, all shiny and new, but unfortunately the acoustics leave something to be desired. The ceiling is high and everything echoes. Chatting with the ladies sitting across the table was difficult. We may have to knit some wall-to-wall carpeting.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Actually, that was my Halloween costume....I went dressed as our new senator. (Glad you didn't get a closeup of T's "Don't Tread on Me" baseball cap, hanging in the background!"

The Pilgrims are very happy so far on my mantle, tucked among the deer antlers and faux bittersweet...thanks again!