October 29, 2010

Socktober sunrise

This is what I saw when I looked outside this morning at 7 a.m. The sun was coming up over the hills to the east and beginning to illuminate the hills to the west. Quite a sight. It almost made me forget the queasiness.

I've made progress on the socks.

I haven't finished the toe on sock #1. Toe-finishing is not my favorite part of knitting. I'll just save it till I'm done with sock #2 and do them both at once.....with a glass of wine....or better yet, a piece of chocolate...or four. They are kinda festive-looking. The ladies in the senior center knitting group--where I've been working on them--admire my youthful spirit.

I've been working on a pilgrim pair I've promised to other Marcia. I'm experimenting on the man's shoes. My pilgrim men usually wear boots, but one day I realized that male pilgrims would be better dressed in pilgrim shoes. So I googled a picture and did a sketch. They aren't finished yet, but when they are you'll be the first to judge. He'll have a hint of leg showing. I like that in a man.

So I unloaded an old dresser by way of Craig's List this morning. Mr. Gadget calls me the Queen of CL, since I always amaze him with the old pieces of junk I'm able to discard. What he doesn't realize is that junk is a relative term. It really is true that one person's trash is another's treasure.
Big City Girl got this gem long ago from her best friend. She had plans to collage it, and soon lost interest. It was a similar thing with a chair she purchased at the local flea market.

Both were abandoned in the parental basement storage facility. So today, some sucker, I mean some nice man, came by to pick up the dresser. He must have been intrigued by my description of the piece wherein I stated: "might make a nice canvas for some whimsical artwork."

And now for the chair. I should probably check with BCG before I discard it, but technically I think the statute of limitations has expired. How to advertise it, I wonder? Maybe: "with just a little bit of embellishment, this would make a perfect throne for the woman in your life." It could go in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Wow on the beautiful countryside shot! And those socks gorgeous colors! And that chest of drawers and chair--now I'm going to Craigslist 'cause I need a "lingerie chest" mainly because the dimensions fit in the spot I have for it.

Glad you are enjoying your Fall. We are finally having some great SoCal Fall weather!