October 26, 2010

No traipsing through the pumpkin patch

Aside from the front-porch pumpkin, there are no real pumpkins here at the Concondo this year. I just hate handling rotting pumpkins, and that's usually what I end up doing along about the first of December....being the first-class procrastinator that I am.

I toyed with putting Mr. Pumpkin Man on eBay a couple of weeks ago, but I just couldn't get any good pictures of him. So I looked over my multifarious collection of characters and decided to put her up there instead. Buyers aren't clamoring, but that's ok. I have a couple more selling ops coming up. I've decided to sign up for another craft fair on Nov. 20--where I hope there won't be an overabundance of clamoring because whatever's left will be delivered the next day to the old hotel for the Christmas show. I always say that next year I won't let the stress of the holidays get to me, but I have a bad memory. Just about the time I'm wrapping up the craft-show whirwind, someone will ask me when they can expect to receive their copy of my cartoon Christmas page--something I stupidly did many years ago on a whim and now it's taken on a life of its own. And you know how I hate to disappoint.

So now I've got a few Santas in the works.
And I'm wondering how Santa would look in flannel jammies, a stocking cap and bunny slippers. Would one of those make buyers clamor, I wonder? I guess I don't have to decide on that right away. Bunny slippers are a little more challenging to make than plain black Santa boots. Then again, I should have some extra time since I won't be having to deal with rotten pumpkins.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I bought a sugar pumpkin and I'm baking a pie this year--got a plastic jack o lantern with a light bulb inside -- so no big real pumpkins for me either!

Interesting about that 5 star restaurant--maybe that was in the other post?

No marriages or grandchildren here as well--hey, maybe next year?