October 09, 2010

Makes me queasy

I hope the vinyl-siding guys get busy soon on the building next door. Don't they make house-wrap in colors other than pistachio ice cream and Pepto Bismol?

So last night I attended the Gala Opening Night festivities for the craft fair at the old hotel. I didn't invite Mr. Gadget to come along, as I wanted to allow time to linger. Mr. G isn't a lingerer. He would have likely taken a spin around the rooms, downed a glass of wine, and been ready to come home to his comfy recliner and the baseball game. As it happened, I didn't linger long. I enjoyed a glass of apple cider and some tasty tidbits, and took a few pictures of my dolls on display. I was very pleased with how they were posed. The two ladies who co-chair the October fair have a nice flair for decorating.
The pilgrims were sitting with a beautiful wooden bowl and some small ceramic leaf dishes. Very nice.
The ladybug was perched on a basket among some knitted items. She and the red hat made a nice pair.
I especially liked how they placed the witch among similar colors.

The fair will run for 3 days, and it's beautiful Fall weather in the northeast--a nice change from the days and days of rain we've had lately. Hopefully there'll be lots of leaf-peepers out this weekend and they'll stop by the fair and buy a doll.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to pour myself a little glass of ginger ale to settle my stomach.

No comments: