October 12, 2010

It's Socktober

I'm feeling much better today. That ginger ale worked wonders. Still no siding guys in sight though, and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to avoid those stomach-churning colors.I've been working on a pair of therapeutic socks. The socks aren't therapeutic, but the knitting is. There are very few knitting projects that aren't therapeutic. Well, I guess there were a couple of cantankerous cardigan sweaters that turned on me--sweaters that remain in indefinite time-out.
It's just a coincidence that I started a sock project in Socktober. I guess there's just something about the nip in the air and the trees changing color that puts me in a sock-knitting mood. Plus, it's always entertaining to knit with self-striping yarn. It's like a good mystery with plenty of colorful characters.
And speaking of colorful characters, yesterday Mr. Gadget and I took a ride up to the old hotel to see how I was doing at the craft fair. I was happy to learn that all 3 of my clay-faced witches had flown the coop. The pilgrim pair was gone too, as was Spud--the chef in the potato print. Disheveled Morning Lady sold too, much to my amazement, I mean delight. It must have been the bunny slippers. Maybe more of my characters will be wearing little pink bunny slippers next year.
On Thursday evening, Big City Girl will be coming for a visit. There won't be much time for conversation this time, as BCG is having all 4 of her wisdom teeth out on Friday morning. A couple of days ago, as I was putting groceries away, the muse stopped by with a new project idea. So now I'm working on a piece of embroidery with BCG in mind.
More will be revealed soon--as well as the story that goes with it.

Now I'm heading out to stock up on milkshake makins'. And maybe I'll pick up another bottle of ginger ale too while I'm at it.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Congratulations on your sales--doll maker!!! They looked great at the fair and I'm not too surprised you sold out. Weather here is overcast and rain predicted and no fall colors so far but maybe a few burnished looking leaves--still a lot of green---