September 22, 2009

Treehouse time-out

I've been very busy in the treehouse the last few days getting ready for my big craft show and avoiding housework. I politely asked Mr. Gadget if he wouldn't mind delivering my lunch and a late-afternoon snack, but he politely declined. He thinks I'm just having fun up here....
I finished the clay-faced witch and just need to add her shiny black boa. I had fully intended to toss her in the recycle bin, but she cleaned up nicely.It's amazing what a difference the right accessories make when putting together an outfit. Not to mention, the right shade of lipstick and a good eyebrow-shaping session.Here's her friend. She's strictly cloth. So far she has no name. I've taken to calling her the one with the orange spider webs on her hat.Her stockings match her hat decoration. The spider has apparently migrated down from her hat. I think she's downright frightful.

I finally got around to making the Halloween cat out of the cloth napkin fabric I mentioned earlier. I had promised myself I'd finish the red hat lady (check) and a snowman (check) before starting on the cat. I probably fibbed a little.

I may put him to work out in the front garden. He might be sufficiently scary-looking to deter whoever, or whatever, has been meddling in my shrubbery. More on that next time.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Better watch out....some of the things that mess with shrubbery also mess with black cats! Love the new face, by the way!

Kathy W said...

Wow Marcia you are getting so good with your dolls!