September 19, 2009

So what exactly is street food?

The weather was gorgeous here today so Mr. Gadget and I decided to take a little road trip. The colors are just starting to change, so we knew we'd be well ahead of the poking-along-at-25-mph leaf-peeping lolligaggers.
We hadn't gone far before we noticed, off to the side of the road, an old bus that had morphed into a fast-food restaurant. The sign on top said "Jimmy's Street Food."
"Do you suppose street food is road kill?" asked Mr. G.
"I don't know," I said, "but there sure is a long line of people waiting, so probably not." But it does kinda make ya wonder....
We headed north to Kent, a very pleasant little Connecticut town and a reasonable distance away for a Saturday drive. When we arrived we found hooligans a-plenty on the downtown sidewalks. Kent is the site of several private schools. But once we muscled our way through their masses, we enjoyed the sights.

Flowers to go.

Interesting statues.
Quaint shops.
Lovely old homes.
Crows eating apples. Which reminds me....it's time to start dinner. Or maybe I'll just call and see if Jimmy's delivers....

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Lovely photos....it was a gorgeous day and Kent is a great destination for a road trip. I'll tell you sometime how I spent this delightful fall day.....