September 18, 2007

Whew!

There hasn't been much blogging time lately, I'm afraid. I've been busy with the memorial and the west coast visits from Tech Guy and Big City Girl, followed by my crumpling up into an exhausted heap on the floor. It was an interesting weekend. Here are some of the highlights:
The room looked nice with the paper flowers. Just about all of them went home with someone at the end of the afternoon. I stood at the barely-visible podium to give my talk, which I finished writing on Saturday morning. There's nothing like a deadline to get my creative juices flowing.TG and BCG decorated the cake. It wasn't a professional job, but did have that personal touch.....which was my plan.
On Sunday we went for a walk along the beach, followed by a visit to the playground we've always called the Rocket Park. Twenty years ago, when BCG was three, she climbed up to the top and wouldn't come down. As the sky began to get dark, her grandfather and I, neither of whom could fit through the child-sized holes, worried that we might have to call the fire department. But at long last, she decided to come down on her own. Mr. G and I were unable to convince her to go up again for a photo op. Her brother, however, had no shame.
Then he reassured the moms who were sitting nearby that he was just harking back to his youth.
So now TG and BCG have returned home and are back at work, and I continue to resist the ever-present urge to crumple back up into a heap. Stay tuned though. Tomorrow I'll have some crafty content and it might be embroidery related. Something a little different.
Meanwhile, here's a little butterfly that landed on BCG's arm the othe day. It was either: 1) curious about the time of day or, 2) in the mood for some chips and salsa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the memorial went well....the cake was PERFECT! (Do they hire out?) Time to relax now!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful memorial for your dad! His grandchildren are so cute....good job!