June 19, 2007

China, continued

Here are some monks taking pictures at the Ming Tombs outside of Beijing. I can't help but wonder if they are bloggers......
And what about this group of Chinese tourists listening to their guide in the Forbidden City? There must have been a good sale on plaid hats somewhere......maybe at Walmart. I think I could be easily convinced to wear one of these. So much less dorky than those "hey-look-at-me-I'm-a-tourist" badges.....


A road crew on its way to a job site is my guess. Those orange vests will at least make them visible to the ambulance guys after they've fallen out of the truck.....

I'm pretty sure there are no fashion police in China. I'm figuring this guy is taking his girlfriend home to meet M0mma.....heh...heh....


This is the only knitter I saw in China. I watched her for a minute, then pointed to her knitting and then to me to let her know I was also a knitter. Then I pointed to my shirt and she nodded, so I think she was making a sweater. Definitely not socks.


This guy is most likely on his way to a potluck dinner and the host asked him to bring a little something.


Fallback op for those times when the tomato and tripe soup, the deep-fried chicken feet, and the incognito dishes just weren't my cup of tea.

So you're probably wondering if I took any pictures of actual tourist attractions. Yes, as a matter of fact I did. Those will be coming up next......unless they get preempted by the curmudgeons. Seems they are a worldwide phenomenon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, basically what you are saying is that China really isn't China anymore? Great pictures....loved those hats!