March 31, 2021

Lasagna!

 


Here's a little chef I made during my doll-making phase.  I just sent him to my cousin who's in the midst of a kitchen remodel.  How could she not want to put him center stage on her counter?  Or....possibly pass him on to another member of the family who has just the right color combo.  I've been teasing her about her kitchen re-do because she doesn't like to cook and does very little. I sent her the chair too.  It's time I downsized some furniture.

So, there's something that's amusing me.  Mr. Gadget and I are big fans of UConn women's basketball and we've been watching the tournament.  Some of the players are wearing big flashy false eyelashes.  Whatever for?  They must be sweat-resistant.  One of them had the longest and curliest....and pigtails to go with.  I'm sorry to say she got hurt and had to leave the game. Maybe she couldn't see where she was going...

Back in the day I wore false eyelashes.  I can't believe I put them on every morning before work.  After all, once you start wearing them it's hard to go without because....what would people say?  I never wore the big flashies though.  Mine were what you might call understated.  Just enough to accentuate my small eyes.  And to look more professional.  Now, in my older age, I can't be bothered.  Especially during this year of not going anywhere.  I think I will just wear my mask forever.

 UConn will be playing Arizona in the Final Four.  It should be a no-eyelash zone.  But when Stanford plays South Carolina, there will probably be some eyelashes.  But it's only a guess...

No comments: