March 27, 2021

A cat and cat stuff

I probably told you that Big City Girl now has a cat.  She wanted a roommate, but not one that would leave the toilet seat up or dirty undies on the floor.  A litter box was acceptable.  And she seems ok with one that sits on her nightstand and quietly stares at her every morning at 6 a.m. until she gets up to put breakfast in a dish.

Tiny is the girl cat's name.  It's the name she came with.  Tiny is teeny.  She's a nice little cat and she and BCG get along famously. She's even helped transform BCG into a very good housekeeper. Running the vacuum every so often keeps Tiny looking like a little furball rather than a dust bunny. Here's a picture of Tiny getting acquainted with her paper collage image.

I decided soon after Tiny moved in that she needed a cat bed.  So I set about looking for a pattern.  I found a crocheted version that I was sure would be well-received, and that Tiny would love because of its cave-like design where she could hide out.  Cats like to hide out, I believed. 

Here it is with one of my cat dolls demonstrating what a fine job I did.  I even provided a little flannel blanket with a chocolate-chip cookie print--in case the yarn was just too scratchy.  I mailed it down to Brooklyn priority mail.  It's been a couple of months now and Tiny has yet to get in it.  I think she was terribly disappointed when she discovered it was only a bed.  I think what she really wanted was one of those battery-operated jumping fish.  But I refuse to spoil her.

No comments: