September 29, 2020

Stitching squares

 

The days go by, the unfinished projects linger, and the recliner calls.  Maybe I'll sew some 2" squares together....by hand.  With the stack o' squares given away as a promotional item by my local fabric store a couple of years ago.  Maybe I'll stop in and ask if they have any more stashed in the storeroom. Maybe not.  After all, I have those lingering unfinished projects.  Now, what to do with them.  Possibly a zippered bag.

So, we had a very nice visit with Big City Girl over the weekend.  Mr. Gadget and I drove to Brooklyn to deliver a new big-screen TV.  Mr. Gadget is known to spring a surprise gift on her every now and then....even one that has to be schlepped up a rickety narrow staircase to the third floor.  She came back to Connecticut with us for a couple of days and returned home by train....with mask on, hand sanitizer at the ready, and fingers crossed.  Train to Grand Central was not crowded; subway to Brooklyn was.  Hoping she stays well, but if not at least she has a nice TV to watch.

I just finished a good book and have started another.  Similar, yet different.  Meet me at the Museum by Anne Youngson and Mrs. Bridge by Evan Connell.  My book selections vary, but I'm mostly a fan of memoirs and books about people--the quirkier the better.

Now I should get back to work on a needle-felted commission piece.  I usually don't do those--especially a duplicate--but this is for a friend who wants to gift it to a friend who she says will REALLY appreciate it.  How could I say no?  I will share it later.  Best to keep it under wraps for now.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying somewhat sane in these almost too-crazy-to-believe times.  I'm grateful for the Treehouse where I can stay safely above the monkeys.

No comments: