September 13, 2020

Pencils on pencils

 It's not easy to make a decision when you have 72 colors to choose from, but I made an attempt on my black and white pencil mask.


I managed to get the last small bottle of textile medium at Joann's which, when brushed over the colors, kept my coloring crisply inside the lines.  While water works fine when coloring on paper, it doesn't do the job on fabric.  The colors wander outside the lines.  I think that's called wicking.  I am very happy with the vibrant colors I'm getting.

Here is a first attempt on paper.  My drawing isn't the greatest but I love the colors. I did this rather hurriedly so didn't worry too much about staying inside the lines, but it is do-able.  I used a fine point black pen after the page was dry.


It's a beautiful day in Connecticut and the weather is getting cooler.  Some of the trees are dropping their leaves, but there's no noticeable color change yet.  It won't be long until road trips will be in order.

No comments: