May 27, 2020

A chronic case of startitis

During my not-so-serious quest to clean up the Treehouse during my stay-at-home time I've uncovered a few, I mean a really big  collection of, old projects that I never finished. I'm trying not to fret. I know I'm not unlike a lot of other creative folks whose imaginations crank out ideas much faster than their hands can keep up.  

Sometimes I think of my craft room as an archeological site.
Here's what made it to the surface over the weekend:
It's my collection of fabric patches that I had planned to use to make a bag (http://www.teeshamoore.com/portfolio/fabric-art/).  At some point I ran out of steam.  This happened after I realized just how many patches a bag would require.  I very quickly came to my senses and stashed the patches in the Treehouse closet---destined to become part of the strata.  

Recently I excavated them. I've decided to stitch them together into a wallhanging.   I have more patches to add, and more patches in mind to make, so it may forever remain a work-in-progress. A perpetual personal totem as it were.

Another relic from the site is my bag o' scraps. 

Some of those have now become a placemat.
I guess you could say I also suffer from chronic hoarditis...

No comments: