May 04, 2020

The couple that quilts together....

…..is really unusual, don't you think?

So a week ago Mr. Gadget went down to the basement to his quilting studio, I mean his wood shop. For several days I heard the sounds of the table saw, the music of the shop vac, and smelled the familiar aroma of urethane wafting up the stairs.  I didn't dare go down to investigate.  I knew I would get the big reveal when the time was right.  That was this morning.

Here is his quilted piece, I mean hardwood trivet, displayed next to my quilted iPad cover. You can see that his is much more precise than mine, but I get some credit for using interesting designs.  His is made from oak, walnut, maple and cherry, and mine is circles, moons, and a hint of giraffe.  It's amazing what a retired couple can produce with a lockdown and a buffer zone.

No comments: