January 08, 2018

Bowled over

Over the Thanksgiving weekend Big City Girl and I went to the local Pottery Factory.  I had never been, but she knew the drill.  And, thankfully, there was no technical knowledge required.  You just pick a piece of pottery, throw on some paint, and presto!  You're a ceramic artist.

I picked this little snack bowl with a place for your thumb.  But I quickly envisioned a yarn bowl.  This would make the perfect accessory for my knitting adventures.  The yarn would stay safely in the bowl--rather than wandering around on the floor--and I could just pull it out of the hole. It worked beautifully for my crop 'o pumpkins.

You can find the pattern for the pumpkins here.  The only change I made to the pattern was that I stuffed the pumpkins a little fuller than Denton suggests.  But either way, they are fun to make and were very well received by those to whom I gifted them.

No comments: