January 19, 2018

A room of one's own?

With just over 1300 square feet here in the Calcondo, and with Mr. Gadget and me not having much to do except wait around for assessing/repair/delivery/reconstruction people, things get a little tight....not to mention, tense.  So when I saw that the dishwasher delivery person had left the box on the porch it got me to thinking.


I could find a nice comfy place on the grass where I could plant myself and ask Mr. G to put the box over me.  There's no way I could fit through a door in the box (like I did when I was 4) but I could cut a window at about eye level that would be just big enough to slip a few bon-bons through.


With my clip-on book light I could read or knit, or just sit there and enjoy the quiet.  If any nosy neighbors strolled by, I could pull the flap on the window closed and avoid unnecessary questions.  I would likely attract a crowd of onlookers, but that wouldn't bother me.  I'd just eat my bon-bons, and maybe even a small dish of dulce de leche ice cream, and let those looky-loos gawk.


I think I could sit there enjoying my little retreat for most of the day, or at least until Mr. Gadget called me in for the nice dinner he had prepared....just after he had done a couple loads of laundry and had everything neatly folded and put away....

No comments: