May 31, 2016

Still crazy

I've started another crazy quilt square--this time for a slightly smaller bag.  I bought some 7" zippers by mistake a couple of weeks ago.  I went in the store with the intention of getting 9" ones, and when I came home I discovered I had purchased 7's.  I have no idea how that happened....

But then I realized I could make smaller bags and use the 7's after all.  Here's the beginnings of the smaller bag. 
This will give you an idea of the mess I create when I'm in  planning and assembling mode.  I sit in front of my fabric stash and pull out everything I think might work. I put pieces side-by-side and decide what looks the most pleasing. That small floral print fabric is an old piece of flannel that I'm using as a foundation for the patches.

On another subject, on Saturday we're having another Celebrating our Creativity day here at the condo clubhouse. 
Three years ago we had our first one and it was successful enough that we've had requests to do another.  Since it was my bright idea in the first place, everyone is looking to me to get it off and running.  It's not difficult really.  We just put on the coffee pot, set up some tables, and make sure everyone knows it's on the schedule.  This time I've suggested that participants demonstrate their craft if it's easy to do in their space.  I will be doing some needle felting.  There'll also be demonstrations of weaving and Chinese brush painting.  Small collections will be included this time, and one of our residents will display his toy trucks.

It should be a fun afternoon.  As I've said before, I'm usually happiest being a quiet homebody, but sometimes an idea slips out and I'm wheedled right out of my recliner.  

No comments: