May 10, 2016

Souvenirs

Mr. Gadget and I have been traipsing around again.  I bought a few souvenirs. 
I usually don't buy much when we traipse since we are now in the "scaling down" part of our lives, but that cute little Liverpool mint tin caught my eye and I thought about how useful it would be for holding my beads, and then there was no stopping me.  Next was the Hamburg tin, and after that the one with no name from the lovely little town of Honfleur in France.  Last was that little one from Stonehenge.  I think I'm well along the road to a new collection.

But this isn't entirely a bad thing.  It fit nicely in my suitcase and added very little weight.  I will use the tins to hold beads that I use for my new favorite hobby--making embellished crazy quilt squares.
While I was out gallivanting I worked on 3 squares.  When one began to perplex me I switched to another.  I received some nice compliments and even inspired a couple of other crafty ladies to try making a square of their own. I love when that happens.

Next time I'll tell you more about the trip.  I'm still getting over my jet lag, and trying to tame my duty-free chocolate addiction.

No comments: