May 29, 2016

Scrappy happy!

Here's my first finished crazy quilt bag.  I'm very happy with it, and it's always fun to make something pretty out of scraps.

I learned a few things during the making of it.  It's wise to make the bag pattern to accommodate a certain zipper size.  My bag was too wide for a standard-sized zipper so I had to make the side seams wider and that cut into some of the designs.
It's also a good idea to keep bead embellishments away from the seam line to avoid breaking sewing machine needles.
I still need to find some good instructions for attaching a shoulder strap.  This one has a chain strap that I attached with heavy black thread through the end link.  I know there are better ways.  But all things considered, I'm scrappy happy, and I'll enjoy carrying my new little purse to special events....like maybe my next dental appointment....

No comments: