July 16, 2014

Something's fishy

Here's the embroidered project I did for Big City Girl.  It's a patch that she can attach to something.  Or not, although I would be happy to know it doesn't end up in her junk drawer.  Does everyone have a junk drawer like we do?  It's nothing but a source of guilt.  I always feel I should be cleaning it out....or at least putting the junk into one of those sectioned trays so at least it would be organized.  But back to the patch.  BCG goes to a gym and boxes, and she just replaced her old worn-out boxing gloves with a brand new pair.  I admire her dedication.  She gets up at 5:30 a.m. to go before work...and she likes it.  Definitely her dad's daughter.


Here is my most recent sewing project.....for BCG and her boyfriend.  They both like to cook....he more than she (she knows how to pick 'em)...and were in need of aprons.  The only request they had was that I put pockets on them--one for cell phone and one for e-cigs.  They both quit smoking well over a year ago, but do still use e-cigs.  Mr. Gadget and I never smoked and we were under the mistaken impression that we were being good role models for our children, but peer pressure is a powerful force.

So Mr. Gadget is off on a bike ride.  He headed off to the beach with his bike affixed to his new bike rack.  He usually keeps me posted while he's underway--mostly by bragging about how far he's gone.  But this morning he texted me a photo of someone doing something I call exercise gone wild.  They were running up a long stairway carrying a bowling ball.  I guess it's possible they were just late for their Tuesday morning bowling league. So now, all of a sudden, I'm feeling motivated.  I think I'll walk the garbage out to the dumpster.

No comments: