December 14, 2013

Look what landed in the Treehouse

I thought it would be fun to make some whimsical felted birds and this is my first attempt.  I'm going to embellish him a little more, but for now I'm just happy he's standing on his own two feet.  

Today Mr. Gadget chauffeured me to the old hotel to fetch my check and my unsolds from the Christmas show.  The temp was under 20 this morning and the snow was falling steadily, so he decided it might be a good idea to keep me off the roads.

I'm happy to report that my Santa-with-stick-appendages sold.  I have to admit, he was one of those yes-no-yes-no-maybe items that I'm often on the fence about right up till the last minute.  I did very well this year, and as I was about to leave with my loot the ladies told me they're thinking of making it a two-weekend show next year and they're hoping I'll make more stuff.  That could mean I'd have to cancel the cruise I have planned for next fall so I'd have time to work overtime in the Treehouse, but that's not gonna happen. So I'd better wrap up this blog post right now.  Time's a-wastin'. 

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

That is so neat!!! Good for you and your crafting. Love that bird. Cute!