December 19, 2013

Getting an early start

 
The needle-felting bug still has a hold on me so I decided to start another Santa.  The off-white fiber is called core wool and it's used to build up 3-dimensional figures.  It's less expensive and a bit lower in quality than the colored fiber, but it works well for the building process.
I've applied the white fiber trim for Santa's outfit, and some of the flesh color for his face.  I'm out of red at the moment, so he'll have to wait till I order more.  I might sew some small clear beads on the white to make it sparkle a little.

A year ago I made a couple of paper-mache Santa ornaments, but I didn't try to sell them because I wasn't totally satisfied with the result.
I do think they have possibilities.  I'll do a little fine tuning.  I like the rustic look.  I have so many ideas for things I'd like to make--including some pretty crepe paper flowers like ones I saw in a store a few weeks ago.  I did manage to come home and draw a quick sketch before I had time to forget what they looked like. 

I wonder if Mr. Gadget would be annoyed if one of these days I locked myself in the Treehouse for a week or so? Of course I wouldn't just leave him to totally fend for himself. I'd make sure he had plenty of Cheez-its and beer.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Hahaha. Love thos felt Santas.