December 27, 2013

Feeling sheepish

There's nothing quite like needle felting to relieve the stress of the holidays.  It's also a great activity when you're sitting in front of the TV and you only kinda like football.

We had a very nice Christmas with Big City Girl and her boyfriend visiting.  I decided I didn't want to spend most of Christmas day in the kitchen this year, so I scaled back the food plan.  We had a delicious marinated salmon dinner on Christmas Eve with all of the side dishes prepared the day before.  And late Christmas morning we had scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes (leftovers from the night before) and scones--made from a mix I got at a local English store.  I even planned ahead and made plenty of brussel sprouts so I'd have lots to see me through a few more meals.

I'm feeling a little sheepish though.  Mr. Gadget and I had agreed, I thought, not to get anything for each other this holiday.  We're each hard to buy for, plus we do lots of fun things during the year.  But he decided to surprise me with a nice big gift card to knitters' heaven.  Perhaps I should get him a New Years gift.  Maybe a gift card from gadget heaven...

So now I'm trying to clean up the Treehouse.  It's an overwhelming task, so I came up with a plan.  Think of a clock.  My computer desk is noon.  Moving clockwise I'm now at 3 o'clock.  And you know what?  Time only flies when you're having fun.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

You and about 350 million others need to clean up their "tree"houses. Well anyway. Got no tree house but plenty of house to concentrate on and for me if I think of a clock it is the 11th hour. LOL Happy NEW Year! Time does fly when you are having fun!