November 19, 2012

Sent packing

Here is a sampling of my recent cast of characters...who've been ousted from the Treehouse and sent off for a little vacation at the old hotel.  Maybe we'll call it an attitude adjustment opportunity, although I will admit this was a fairly well-behaved group this year.  Please forgive the poor quality of the photography.  Taking pictures is the last thing I do....and always hastily....before setting off up the road.
 
I've made several nun dolls in the past and I always enjoy hearing why they appealed to the buyer.  One lady purchased one because it looked just like her aunt.  Another....a very talented artist who sells her oil paintings at the hotel shows....said she just loves to collect quirky things.
 He's dressed in a print of frogs doing yoga.
Cat dolls always seem to sell.  That's because the world is full of cat people.
This is my favorite morning lady so far.  Her coffee cup....which say "Got donuts?"...is full of coffee--which I made from the cat fabric.
Sorry about the photo quality on this one.  Sun was coming in through the blinds.  Her outfit is dark blue with tiny black polka dots.

So now I'm tired of making dolls.  I don't think I could make another blessed one.  I have stuffing on the brain, arthritis in my fingers, and threads and bits of fabric stuck to me everywhere.  Just like the characters, I'm in need of an attitude-adjustment op.  I'm thinking a nice comfy deck chair would do it, but since there are no cruises on the immediate horizon, I guess I'll knit. 

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Always fun to read and the pictures and dolls are great! Enjoy your knitting time.....