October 13, 2012

Trick or treat

Santa will be ready for painting soon, but first he needs a bag o' toys.  He'll be holding that in his right hand.  Again, I resisted taxing my EK's (elderly knees) and so the perspective is a bit off.  Maybe I should just use a higher shelf....duh....

Today I drove up to the old hotel...and what a beautiful day it was with the sun out and the colors in full bloom.....to retrieve my unsold items and a big check....well, I was hoping.  It turned out to be a nice sum...about what I usually do.  Unfortunately, my paper mache items didn't sell.  Maybe I had the prices too high and that put people off.  Those items are more labor-intensive than the cloth dolls, so I priced accordingly.

So the paper mache santa pictured above will be the only one I do for the Christmas show, and I'll step up production on the cloth dolls.  I like to think I'm a smart businesswoman; I understand supply and demand.  Just don't ask me about stock options, pork barrels or hedge funds.

I get a little tired of making the same old dolls, but I do have fun changing them up now and then.  I have another morning lady in the works.  Remember the last one?

I found some flannel with a martini-glass print, so she'll have some jazzy jammies, and some neon green slippers with jewels of some sort.

I still haven't decided about the gray-or-no-gray issue, but I'm leaning strongly toward the gray.  I decided to mention it to Mr. Gadget, since he was looking down on me from his 6-foot height and noticing the roots.  He wasn't too receptive at first, but he softened...probably because he knows how I am when I'm in the throes of chipmunking.

He started separating strands of my hair--not unlike a chimpanzee grooming his significant other--and discovered it wasn't all gray, but rather salt-and-peppery.  I told him I would do a little research to see what my options might be for helping me through the awkward months.  I guess I could get some of that Halloween spray-on color--maybe something in a purple or hot pink.  Do you think I could get away with that till Easter?





1 comment:

Kathy W said...

A nice bright lime green strand through the salt and pepper? Kidding! Am enjoying your pix!