October 10, 2012

For the birds

Big City Girl was visiting over the weekend and Saturday we went to the old hotel craft show to check on how I was doing....and to see if all of my stuff had flown out the door. That is a common bird-like phrase familiar to crafters who sell their work, and one that has a nice, melodious ring to it.
Since it was early on Saturday, and it was a 3-day show running through Monday, my stuff was pretty much still there, or a least as nearly as I could tell.
So, of course, I assumed that nothing was going to sell and nobody would like my paper mache items and everyone was tired of seeing my same old dolls and I would soon be retiring from this crazy crafting business.
But on Sunday I received an email from someone who had purchased a couple of my dolls.  I had decided this year to put my email address on my tags...something I haven't done before.  The buyer was delighted with his purchases and had gone back for more--only to find that they had fledged. Did I have more, he wanted to know, stashed away at home or in my studio?  My studio!  Boy, how artsy-fartzy is that!
I wrote back to say that no, I didn't have any more dolls in my usually-vast inventory, but that I would be making more for the Christmas show and I would have more to offer then.

And I signed off and hurried right up to the Treehouse to see how fast I could crank up production.  So, the crazy crafting business is alive and well and I'm happy to have something to crow about.



1 comment:

Kathy W said...

What good feedback! Fun.