June 04, 2012

Tweeter

More birds.  I just love surrounding myself with feathered friends.  This was made with a free pattern from a wonderful doll designer in New Zealand.  I plan to make more, but I'll tweak the pattern just a bit.  I think it's legal to tweak your tweeters, isn't it?  At least it used to be....
Here's the new guy next to the clay robin.....who isn't exactly thrilled that this slightly disheveled character has moved into his neighborhood.  "Just deal with it," I told him.  "At least you won't be fighting over the worms."

And Thelma and I are at odds at the moment.  I picked out some shoes for her yesterday and she wasn't at all happy with them.  She kicked them off immediately and back they went into the bag of clay.  She had some harsh words.

"Can't you at least give me a head before you start making me wear shoes?"

Well, I guess she has a point.  It's amazing, though, that she was able to say that to me, don't ya think?  I did make a new, larger form for her head--with wadded up paper towels and plenty of masking tape.  I'll start applying the clay tomorrow.  When I'm finished she'll have a personality and I hope it's not too unpleasant.  She needs to be a librarian who is kind to children who return their books on time, but stern to those who insist on chatting in the library.  The way I see it, it's all in the eyebrows.

No comments: