June 19, 2012

Somebody help me, please?

I need to stay out of rock gardens.
I'm only working on rocks because I need something to keep my hands busy while I watch slow baseball games with Mr. Gadget.  Although, ever-so-ingenious Mr. G. has found a way to make the baseball-watching process more efficient and less time-consuming.  He tapes the games and then fast-forwards through the commercials AND the half of the inning when the visitors are up to bat.  Mr. Gadget thinks he's so clever, sitting there in his man-recliner manning the remote.  He doesn't realize just how easy it is for me to catch him in a nap.

I'm still working on Thelma, but I'm ready to be done with her so I'm ramping up the work-table activity. Here's where she'll sit when she's finished.  
I may have mentioned I was knitting a cardigan sweater for her to wear--all in one piece from the neck down.  Then, as I was putting the finishing touches on it, I realized putting it on her was going to be engineeringly impossible, since her arms are pretty much immovable. 
So I started another sweater--this one in pieces--just winging it as I knitted.  I'll sew one side together, then wait to sew the other side once it's on her.  Planning ahead....what a novel idea.....

So while I've been working on Thelma, Mr. Gadget's been working on a wood project.  He's building a shelf thingie that he will install over the desk in his basement office.  A little while ago he popped into the Treehouse looking very dejected.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"It's not going well," he said.  "My nail gun ran out of nails and I didn't realize it.  The whole thing fell apart."

"I know just how you feel," I said, reassuringly.  "Sometimes I've sewn long seams and didn't know my machine was out of thread."  Learning that I'd shared his pain didn't appear to do much for his mood.  So I imparted some wisdom.

"You can do what I do when I'm frustrated," I told him.  "Go outside and take a walk, and if you still don't feel better, go browse in the fabric store." 

  

1 comment:

Kathy W. said...

Enjoy your blogs, Marcia! K.