June 12, 2012

The librarian's salute

I'm making more progress on Thelma the librarian.  She looks a little sad at the moment, but a lip job, an ear job--make that an ear replacement--and a lot of sanding will spruce her up nicely.  Working on a clay project is a little like writing a blog post.  They both require some nipping and tucking before they're ready to invite the world to take a look.

So, yes, I've been on a bit of a rock-crocheting tear.  It's just that I have this big basket of rocks and they all need sweaters.  Not really.  After all, they've managed for eons without something warm to wear.  I just get a little addicted to my projects.  Maybe you've noticed.

But I've always loved going to the library. I've had well-used library cards wherever I've lived.  When I was in elementary school, my classmates and I (holding hands two-by-two) would follow our teacher on a walk to the town library every two weeks to check out books.  I was usually drawn to the biographies.  I've always been fascinated by what makes people tick.  In fact, living in a couple of condo neighborhoods provides me with plenty of subjects to study without ever having to step foot in a library.  But that's another story....

So last week Mr. Gadget asked me to look over the movie selections on the Netflix website so I could replenish my queue.  I usually have to struggle to find something I might find entertaining.  That's because I don't like blood, guts, scary things, or the over-use of the F-word, and that leaves precious little to choose from.  But then I found the documentary category.  There's lots of good stuff there I discovered.  And concerts. Last week I watched a very interesting documentary on Eleanor Roosevelt.  And before that--a Neil Diamond concert.  He's still just as wonderful as he was back in the 70's when I saw him in person at the Greek Theater.....in spite of his recent marriage to that young floozy. I hope she doesn't wear him out before he has a chance to write a few more songs.

1 comment:

Kathy W. said...

Ever try Danny Deckchair? That's a real nice movie with that (I can think blood guts and gore)? A truly interesting and involved fantasy. Makes me laugh if I don't watch it too much.