September 13, 2010

Recalculating...

I'm really not fond of Carol, our GPS. Although I guess it's possible my dislike is misdirected. Maybe it's the relationship Mr. Gadget has with Carol I don't like. She can be ditzy and dim-witted, but he always gives her a second chance.
Two weekends ago, we went to Brooklyn to help Big City Girl with a few things in her new apartment.
"There must be a way to avoid this mess," said Mr. G, as we encountered a snarl of cars backed up by a bridge-washing crew. A little farther down the road was the Bridge of Endless Construction--the one we unsuccessfully outsmarted on our last trip home from the airport.
Recalculating.....recalculating....
"New York is just one big insult," said Mr. Gadget, who spent much of his youth in Brooklyn and doesn't seem to appreciate the usually charming aspects of New York City like I do.
Last week, we went to visit Tech Guy. He's just an easy 45 minutes south, but before we left the driveway Mr. G started punching Carol's buttons.
"You don't remember how to get there?" I asked, admittedly somewhat flabbergasted.
"Nope," he replied. "Do you?"
"I remember precisely how to get there," I told him. "I can give you directions and you can put Carol in the trunk where she belongs. Besides, I'm prettier than she is and I'll never use the "R" word."

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

We don't have a Carol, yet. Judy is back at school for the last year (I think). We never did have coffee. Oh well.