November 06, 2015

"It's always somethin'...."

....as Gilda used to say.
Last winter our Concondo complex
had a big problem with ice damming.
I can't exactly explain that to you,
but let's just say that snow on the roofs
began melting into the units.
Not ours, fortunately, but many.
The damage has been fixed,
and now the prevention measures
are being taken.
This means that on Tuesday
I must have my Treehouse closet
empty and free so that workmen
can get inside
and shoot an insulation-filled hose
up into our attic which is only
accessible from there.
So Mr. Gadget--gotta love him-- has
been encouraging me today
to get an early start.
I have no idea where he actually keeps his
cattle prod, but it's always within
easy reach at times like this.
It will all be worth it, I'm sure, because
we'll likely have no ice-damming problems
just like last year.
So, one more thing from the cruise,
with the exception
of Halloween costume pictures which will be
forthcoming, it's always interesting
to notice what people wear on cruises.
These happy ladies were
all adorned in black and white stripes
at the sail-away party.
I have no idea if it was pre-planned
or just an amazing coincidence.
Maybe they had the Halloween date wrong.
With any luck, I'll be back with more
Halloween pictures
 before the hose gets me.
 


No comments: