December 22, 2014

Red-sweateritis

I was prodded...or maybe I should say needled....into making a few more.  Someone else saw them and asked if I could somehow squeeze half a dozen more into my Christmas crazy time.  Of course I said yes.  So now they are done and I hope they've been received by now.  I had to mail them from California because Mr. Gadget and I are now at the Calcondo (where the temps are in the mid-70's) getting ready to celebrate Christmas with our Cali relatives.

I've started a new knitting project...on much bigger needles...which takes some getting used to after lots of teeny, tiny needles....and I will show it to you next time, after I've made a little progress.  It was one of those serendipitous things.  I had yarn that had been gifted to me and I didn't know what to use it for.  Then I happened upon a pattern for a cowl that is simple to knit, and one of the suggested yarns is my gift yarn.  And since I have some car time coming up (we're going north) it will be just the thing to help me pass the time, and refrain from backseat driving.  I know, I know.  But some people do need a little extra help.

No comments: