November 24, 2014

Souvenir

I usually don't buy trinkets or souvenirs when I travel, mostly because I'm in the thinning out stage of my life rather than the bulking up.  When I do buy something it's because it will serve a useful purpose and not just collect dust.  That's why I bought this delightfully colorful coffee mug in Portugal. 

I admired the bright colors and the fact that it said "Portugal" on both the front and back.  It would be used, if not every day, certainly on a regular basis.  I do love my coffee.

So by now I'm sure you've realized that it's pretty much just a black mug (with a little unintended reflection).  That's because after the first washing the pretty design began to peel off, and with very little coaxing the whole thing just basically came unglued.  So now I have a plain black mug that will provide no special remembrance of my time in Portugal.  I do have a black t-shirt to match it though, and I will try to remember to drink coffee from my black mug when I'm wearing it.  Well,  at least until I can make arrangements to return it for a full refund...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog cracks me up, Marcia. Have I told you that lately? Loved the bit about the 'colorful' mug. Roaring with laughter. At first I thought the color had gone out on my computer. Ha ha!

You're the best.

Cousin Molly